Position: Assistant Manager, Library Educators Course (LEC), Parag Initiative, Tata Trusts
Location: Delhi or Mumbai
Last Date for application: 1th January 2017
Tata Trust’s Parag initiative focuses on promoting reading for pleasure through development and use of children’s books in Indian languages. Initiative works to support development of quality books, build capacity of authors, illustrators and teachers/librarians, setting up vibrant libraries etc. Library Educators Course (LEC) is a 7-month blended course for teachers / librarians / educators to help them develop understanding, perspective and skills of setting up and running vibrant libraries that create lifelong interest in reading for pleasure. Please read about the course before you apply for this position. The link to course website is http://libraryeducators.in/
This programme is offered through Foundation for Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship (FISE), an associate organization seeded by Tata Trusts.
The Assistant Manager will be the center of all course activities and shall hold a position of great responsibility.
Course coordination (50%)
- Anchor the development and offering of the course including preparation for reaching out to possible participants, ground work with core team for the next course offering in terms of content changes, structural revisions etc.
- Coordinating with course faculty, mentors, participants and team members in Parag and other external stakeholders.
- Plan for course announcement and implementing the application and shortlisting process as per course vision and requirements.
- Prepare a course roll out plan and ensure timely implementation of the course ensuring constant communication with the stakeholders involved.
- Coordinate with course faculty throughout the process of the course and critically for the preparation of course contact period planning.
- Oversee content development and course design and proactively identify possible innovations within the course.
- Coordinate development of content in Hindi and coordinate this process with faculty and translators. (Pl. note that this course is offered in Hindi.)
Other course operation (30%)
- Coordinate logistics and arrangements for course meetings and Contact period (Travel, stay, field visits and other arrangements as per requirement).
- Follow-up with mentors, faculty participants on various course deliverables and resolve any hurdles after communication with Parag team or faculty as it may be required.
- Maintain and update course website, facebook group and online moodle platform as per course needs.
- Collect regular feedback from participants, faculty and mentors and use the same to improve and inform programme design.
- Maintain and continuously update all relevant database, information, communications within the course.
- Track and maintain course expenses.
Strategic support on other functions (20%)
- Undertake visits and interact with NGOs, schools and principals, Government departments and other relevant organizations to spread awareness about the programme
- Participate in seminars, public forums and present programme design, outcomes and goals to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop understanding and grow in this domain to engage in content based processes as well.
- Engage with field sites to understand practice
- Process documentation and reporting.
- Any other work assigned.
- Understanding and interest in literature/children’s literature and language pedagogy.
- Ability to work with diverse people.
- Deep interest in transformative role of vibrant libraries.
- Ability to organize and conduct trainings or workshops.
- Experience in overseeing the design of materials for education.
- Master’s degree in education, social work or other disciplines of humanities.
- At least three years of experience in an organization working on managing education programs or in a managerial position.
- Strong bilingual skills (beyond communication skills, academic reading and writing) in Hindi and English language (knowledge of any other language would be an advantage).
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (knowledge of making audios, videos, handling websites and blog pages would be an advantage.)
Remuneration: Based on experience and competency
Nature of employment: Fulltime, Appointment will be through FISE